273 lb-ft @
2.0 TFSI® quattro AWD
Seven-speed S tronic®
252 hp @
273 lb-ft @
3.0 TFSI® quattro AWD
354 hp @
369 lb-ft @
CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION
For 2018, the newly developed standard front and rear suspension for the A5 model line allows for both a sporty driving experience and more comfortable ride for long distances. The redesigned front five-link suspension with lightweight construction offers greater steering precision and excellent handling through optimized steering-rack placement direct at wheel centers. Handling and comfort enhancements have also improved through the reduced unsprung weight of lightweight aluminum control-arm components and revised elastokinematic attributes.
Chassis and suspension features include
- Standard Audi drive select with four different modes – comfort, auto, dynamic and individual – allows the driver to change gear shift points, steering, and available damper control and adaptive cruise control adjustments.
- Available sport suspension (A5 models) lowers ride height by approximately 23 mm and utilizes different tubular anti-roll bars, dampers, and linear-rate springs.
- Available comfort adaptive damping suspension (A5 models) lowers ride height by 10 mm and uses continuous electronic damper control to enable the various suspension and damping combinations that make up the Audi drive select modes.
- Similar to the previous generation, S5 models offer available sport adaptive damping suspension with a new suspension control unit. This unit houses the software for suspension and damping control plus the sensors for measuring acceleration and yaw rates.
- Availabe dynamic steering (S5 models only) offers a variable steering ratio that adjusts based on vehicle speed and the Audi drive select setting.
Offering benchmark infotainment and technology features, the A5 family includes a host of standard and available equipment for the new model year including the Audi virtual cockpit, a full-color head-up display and Audi connect® packages.
Technology features include:
- Available Audi virtual cockpit features a 12.3-inch display that delivers vibrant color at 60 frames per second with NVIDIA® quad core processing power. The virtual cockpit helps to enhance the infotainment viewing and navigating experience via the large Google Earth™ images (requires Audi connect PRIME) supported with 4G LTE (where available).
- Available full-color head-up display projects relevant driving information directly in the driver’s field of vision.
- Available for the first time in the A5 model line, MMI® touch® with handwriting-recognition technology includes a simplified function-key layout with two touch-keys for horizontal menu control logic.
- Standard Audi smartphone interface provides Apple CarPlay™ and Google™ Android Auto integration via USB connection, making smartphone interactions easier and more seamless for the driver.
- The available 19 speaker, 755 watt Bang & Olufsen® sound system with 3D sound creates almost true-to-life surround sound reproduction.
Audi connect packages together all applications that help connect the vehicle with the internet, the owner and the surrounding infrastructure (active subscription required). Improved functions include online traffic info, weather updates, fuel prices, Apple Siri® Eyes Free integration for compatible devices, internet radio streaming as well as picture navigation, read-aloud personalized news headlines and Twitter® alerts, among other features.
Supported by 4G LTE (where available), available in-car Audi connect® CARE features include:
- Vehicle services such as vehicle status report, online roadside assistance and service interval notification
- Automatic Crash Notification (SOS)
- Manual Emergency Call (SOS)
- Stolen Vehicle Locator
The Audi connect mobile application has also been updated to support new remote services designed for the US market which include Curfew, Speed, and Valet Alerts, remote lock and unlock capability and online car finder.
ADVANCED DRIVER ASSISTANCE SYSTEMS
The A5 model line incorporates many advanced driver assistance systems that are designed to help drivers navigate the road and traffic with confidence.
Driver assistance features:
- In the case of an impending collision, standard Audi pre sense® basic can intervene to help prepare the vehicle for impact. This process includes beginning to close the side windows and panoramic sunroof, pretensioning the front safety belts.
- Standard Audi pre sense city helps detects cornering and stationary vehicles as well as pedestrians, at speeds of up to 52 mph and can initiate full braking when a potential collision is detected.
- Audi side assist (standard on Premium Plus and Prestige trims) provides blind spot monitoring via LED indicators on the exterior mirror housings at speeds above 9 mph.
- Audi pre sense rear (standard on Premium Plus and Prestige) helps monitor the traffic following the vehicle and takes similar actions to Audi pre sense basic.
- Vehicle exit assist (as part of Audi side assist) can help prevent incidents with a side assist warning light, which blinks and helps alert the driver when vehicles or cyclists are approaching from behind as the vehicle doors are opened.
- Rear cross traffic assist (as part of Audi side assist) supports the driver when reversing out of a perpendicular parking space. Indicator arrows in the MMI® display can inform the driver of approaching vehicles, and in critical situations, a warning tone and brake jolt can be applied, prompting the driver to stop the vehicle.
- Available Adaptive cruise control with stop & go and traffic jam assist helps maintain set distance from the vehicle in front, including braking and accelerating as needed. Between 0-40 mph, traffic jam assist combines acceleration, braking and steering guidance, which can reduce the stress of driving in congested traffic.
- Available traffic sign recognition (as part of the Driver assistance package) including vehicle speed warning can detect speed limits and displays the information in the Audi virtual cockpit or driver information system. Additionally, the system helps evaluate various driving conditions, no passing zones and school and construction zones.
- Available Audi active lane assist observes lane markings and can provide gentle steering wheel warning vibrations if it is determined that the vehicle is approaching the edge of the lane without signaling.
- Turn assist (as part of the Driver Assistance package) can detect the approach of oncoming traffic, when making a left-hand turn at an intersection (when the vehicle is traveling above 1 mph and below 7 mph and turn signal is activated).
Model year 2018 A5/S5 Coupe starting manufacturer suggested retail prices:
2018 A5 Coupe
2018 A5 Coupe (Manual)
2018 S5 Coupe
| || |
*Prices above exclude destination charge ($975), taxes, title, options, and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.
For more information, please visit www.audiusa.com.
November 14, 2016
All-new 2018 Audi A5 and S5 models boast sharpened design and enhanced technology
The all-new 2018 Audi A5 and S5 Coupe build upon the heritage and success of the first generation, while bringing reimagined design details to the new A5 family of vehicles. Read More
May 16, 2016
Audi of America announces pricing for updated 2017 Model Year vehicles
Audi today announced its lineup for the 2017 Model Year, including full line pricing and numerous vehicle additions and enhancements. Read More
May 13, 2015
Audi announces 2016 Model Year vehicles and pricing
Audi today announced its lineup for the 2016 Model Year, including full line pricing and numerous vehicle additions and enhancements. Read More