Offroad Tuned Suspension
The A4 allroad has a newly redesigned five-link suspension with standard adaptive dampers, an option on the A4 sedan, which helps to deliver a comfortable ride both on and offroad, along with the ability to firm the dampers for dynamic driving on curvy roads. Optimized steering-rack placement direct at the wheel centers allows for excellent steering precision. Improved handing and comfort was achieved through the reduced unsprung weight of lightweight aluminum control-arm components and revised elastokinematic attributes.
An increased ground clearance of 34 mm over the A4 sedan, achieved through a taller suspension and higher profile tires, makes the A4 allroad a capable choice for offroad terrain. The allroad also features a new version of Audi drive select with expanded functionality. In addition to comfort, auto, dynamic, and individual modes, the allroad also includes an offroad mode which adjusts aspects of the engine, transmission, steering, and disables Audi pre sense to provide the maximum benefit while offroad.
Interior and Exterior Design
The exterior design of the A4 allroad includes a more muscular silhouette, which showcases the vehicle’s adventurous spirit, while design cues such as the progressive undercut-look of the LED headlights, pay homage to its A4 family roots. With the offroad body cladding or the refined full-paint finish option, the A4 allroad fits seamlessly into any environment. Like the exterior, the new interior design includes greater attention to detail through functional refinements and additional driver-focused technologies. The uniquely designed acoustic windshield helps keep cabin-noise to an exceptionally low level and passengers enjoy improved interior space with increased shoulder and rear legroom.
Exterior Design highlights include:
- Singleframe grille with vertical chrome slats to emphasize the vehicle’s increased ground clearance over the A4 sedan
- Robust underbody guard, aluminum roof rails and powerful wheel arches with cladding available in contrast add to the offroad character of the allroad
- Optional high-gloss full-paint finish option offers exterior visual refinement for a premium esthetic
- For the first time on an A4, available dual pane glass for the front side windows enhance the premium interior acoustics
- Standard Audi xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED taillights with dynamic turn signals, or optional full LED headlights
- Standard 18” 5-V-spoke design wheels with contrasting gray finish
Interior Design highlights include:
- Three-spoke multifunction steering wheel with shift paddles
- Standard three-zone automatic climate control with wing-design wrap-around dashboard and diffuser air vent helps recreate natural airflow
- Standard panoramic sunroof
- 8-way power front seats with 4-way power lumbar support for driver
- Split-folding rear seatback with 40/20/40 configuration
The allroad continues to offer benchmark technology including the available Audi virtual cockpit and for the first time, a full-color head-up display is available, projecting relevant driving information in the driver’s field of vision.
Technology features include:
- Available Audi virtual cockpit features a large, 12.3-inch display that can deliver vibrant color at 60 frames per second with NVIDIA® quad core processing power. The virtual cockpit helps make viewing and navigating via the large Google Map images supported with 4G LTE (where available).
- Available full-color head-up display, projecting relevant driving information in the driver’s field of vision.
- The available 19 speaker, 755 watt Bang & Olufsen 3D Sound Sound System creates a revolutionary, life-like in-vehicle musical experience.
Audi connect packages together all applications that help connect the A4 allroad with the internet, the owner and the surrounding infrastructure.
The next generation of Audi connect now offers three available options – Connect care, Connect prime and Connect plus.
- Connect care, which is included with the purchase of the vehicle, provides assistance and security services in emergency situations including Stolen Vehicle Locator, online roadside assistance, Audi service interval notification and automatic crash notification.
- Connect prime offers navigation services such as Google Earth™, myAudi Destinations, Audi Semi-Dynamic Route Guidance with INRIX XD® Traffic and information services such as fuel prices, online travel info, internet radio and Twitter® alerts, among other features.
- Connect Plus brings the power of 4G LTE to the vehicle’s built-in Wi-Fi® hotspot with the ability to connect up to eight devices (complimentary 6-month trial subscription).
- The Audi connect mobile application has also been updated to support new remote services designed for the US market which including Curfew, Speed, and Valet Alerts, remote lock and unlock capability and online car finder.
The all-new A4 allroad incorporates many driver assistance features that are designed to help drivers navigating the road and traffic with confidence.
Driver assistance features:
- In the case of an impending collision, standard Audi pre sense® basic can intervene to prepare the vehicle for impact. This process includes beginning to close the side windows and panoramic sunroof, pretensioning the front safety belts, and preparing the brake system for a quicker response during an unexpected or emergency maneuver.
- Standard Audi pre sense city can detect cornering and stationary vehicles as well as pedestrians, at speeds of up to 52 mph and can initiate full braking when a potential collision is detected.
- Available traffic sign recognition (as part of the Driver assistance package) including vehicle speed warning can detect speed limits and displays the information in the Audi virtual cockpit or driver information system. Additionally, the system helps evaluate various driving conditions, no passing zones and school and construction zones.
- Available Audi active lane assist observes lane markings and can provide gentle steering wheel warning vibrations if it is determined that the vehicle is approaching the edge of the lane without signaling.
- Audi side assist (available on Premium Plus and standard with Prestige trim) provides blind spot monitoring via LED indicators on the exterior mirror housing at speeds above 9 mph).
- Audi pre sense rear (available on Premium Plus models and standard with Prestige trim) helps monitor the traffic following the vehicle and takes similar actions to Audi pre sense basic.
- Vehicle exit assist (as part of Audi side assist) can help prevent incidents with a side assist warning light, which blinks and helps alert the driver when vehicles or cyclists are approaching from behind as the vehicle doors are opened.
- Rear cross traffic assist (as part of Audi side assist) supports the driver when reversing out of a perpendicular parking space. Indicator arrows in the MMI® display can inform the driver of approaching vehicles, and in critical situations, a warning tone and brake jolt can be applied, prompting the driver to stop the vehicle.
- In the event that a sharp maneuver is needed to avoid a collision, collision avoidance assist (as part of the Driver assistance package) supports the driver when turning into the adjacent lane.
- Turn assist (as part of the Driver Assistance package) can detect the approach of oncoming traffic, when making a left-hand turn at an intersection (when vehicle is traveling above 1 mph and below 7 mph and turn signal is activated).
- Available Adaptive cruise control with stop & go and traffic jam assist helps maintains set distance from the vehicle in front, including braking and accelerating as needed. Between 0-40 mph, traffic jam assist combines acceleration, braking and steering guidance, which can take the stress out of driving in congested traffic.
Model year 2017 A4 allroad starting manufacturer suggested retail prices:
*Prices above exclude destination charge ($950), taxes, title, options, and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.
For more information, please visit www.audiusa.com.